Please note that since Linux has a lot of different distributions, the configuration interfaces may vary.
- Open Terminal (keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + Alt + T).
- Install the OpenVPN client by entering:
sudo apt-get install openvpn
You may be asked to enter your user password to confirm your identity.
- Navigate to the OpenVPN configuration directory with command:
- Download OpenVPN configuration files with command:
sudo wget https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/archives/servers/ovpn.zip
- In case you get ERROR: The certificate of `nordvpn.com’ is not trusted., please install the ca-certificates package with command:
sudo apt-get install ca-certificates
- If you do not have the unzip package installed, download it by typing in:
sudo apt-get install unzip
- Extract config.zip with command:
sudo unzip ovpn.zip
- Remove files that will no longer be used:
sudo rm ovpn.zip
- Enter the directory where the server configurations are. These folders are either ovpn_udp or ovpn_tcp:
- cd /etc/openvpn/ovpn_udp/
- cd /etc/openvpn/ovpn_tcp/
- To see the list of all available servers, enter the following command: ls -al
- Choose a server to connect to: sudo openvpn servername.com